Saturday, December 10, 2011

January Races

I'd kinda like to do the Fairfax 4 Miler on NYE this year. I don't recall this being a particularly cheap race though. I'd go if either of you were interested though! Or that NYE 10k in Ashburn was okay last year. Boring course, but I liked the whore-derves after. And Amber PRed so that was kewl.

OR I'd totally be into a fun group run instead of a race :) I just like the idea of bringing in the new year on a healthy note. Maybe I'll host a Jan 1 new year's post-run brunch.... sound fun?

Also, I saw this one coming up in Jan. No real details available yet, but I was thinking of trying to convince Eddie or other running-shy people to do it, cause it is low key with no official results. Just tossing it out there!

http://www.metrorunwalkspringfield.com/featuredevents/mlk3m3l3k.html

3 comments:

  1. 11 Days in a ROW!!!! (I so did not want to run yesterday. I thought I was going to fall asleep on the treadmill.)

    I'd be up for the 4 miler :) Or there is a 5k in Bull Run. I don't think I want to do the Ashburn one though, because it's the day after Beth's wedding and it starts at 10. I don't plan on being ready to run that early. But the 5k is at 3 and the 4 miler is at 6 and I would do either.


    Would it be weird to do that and a Jan 1, jog together? And then have brunch? Saying goodbye to 2011 with a run and saying hello to 2012 the same way has a certain appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm I could be up for the MLK day race. pretty cheap! though I sometimes feel like, what's the point of doing an organized race if you don't get a chip timing? But yeah, it's cheap, so if you wanted to get Eddie or any other race-shy types to do it, I would probs jump in as well.

    I'm going to have to say no to a paid race on NYE but I'd totes be up for a new years day fun run and then brunch! :) maybe, MAYbe zp and I could come out and cheer you on for the 4-miler. Might be a tough sell for him, but I'll see if I can convince him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does ZP enjoy revisiting your wedding site tooooo? The FFX 4 miler starts and finishes right near Old Town Hall and it will probably be all decorated for the holidays so that might be a good convincing point! It's $35, for some reason I thought it was even more than that...But it looks like they are doing regular tees instead of the hoodies like last year, so maybe that explains it.

    Hokay yeah, let's plan on a fun run Jan 1! Jess has been muttering about a PJ party at her place for NYE, I'll see if she's up for solidifying that idea and possibly fusing a run+brunch into it :)

    Yeah, I agree about timing chips and what's the point. I'm coming to enjoy these little cheapy races more and more though. Usually there isn't really a delay in crossing the start line so the timing clocks aren't too far off. I'll keep y'all posted on that one, espesh if I can get some first-time-racers to come! (just extra side note in case you missed it, it is actually that MLK holiday Monday, not sure if everyone gets it off!)

    ReplyDelete