Sunday, January 29, 2012

Vasa Ride

I wanted to do this last year but didn't get my act together! Anybody wanna do a fun (and possibly frigid) bike ride concluding at the Swedish embassy? Not much info here yet, but I believe they offer various ride lengths (10, 20, 30 mile options or something like that...) Anyway, you know how I heart THEMED events, especially international ones! And "attend an event at House of Sweden" is on my 101 things list!

SAVE THE DATE
The 2012 Vasa Ride is Sunday, March 4th

Mark your calendars and break out your ski goggles for the region's first large organized bike ride of the season! The Annual Vasa Ride is WABA's bicycle-themed tribute to Sweden's legendary Vasaloppet, the world's longest running cross country ski race. Held on the first Sunday of March, 400 riders of all ages and experience levels join together for a noncompetitive ride to brave the coldness of winter and traverse DC and Maryland's terrain. Thanks to our gracious hosts at the Swedish Embassy, all finishers will celebrate their feats with a traditional bowl of warm blueberry soup. Registration will open at the beginning of Feburary and be capped at 400 riders. And remember, if it snows bring your skis!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds fun! I'd be up for the 15 miler. And I have two bikes now Rachel if you want to borrow one! Though your work bike is probably better than my second bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you know how much it'll be to register? I think I'd be up for it as long as it's not too pricey, March is looking expensive so far.

    I probablyyy could just use my work bike Amber, but thanks! I might have to take you up on it if I don't manage to get my work bike home in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's free. (Pretty sure) But they are asking for a $10 donation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm yeah, from the 2011 page it was free. But since it was so popular, who knows, they might start seeing it as a money-maker. But hopefully not any more than $10!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh then I am totally IN. I'm happy to donate $10.

    ReplyDelete