Saturday, January 21, 2012

Volunteering at AOR? And other stuff.

Were you guys interested in volunteering for American Odyssey relay again? Once again falls on the azn/Kara's birthday weekend.... There are open spots in the afternoon at Fletcher's cove again. Orrrr some spots in the morning up at Great Falls.

eh? I thought it was an okay way to spend a Saturday last year, and I liked the free shirt!

While I'm at it..... how are you guys doing on running goals? I am the absolute pits. Wanna start making some plans for weekend runs? Either of y'all free tomorrow morn? Will be cold, but I just gotta do Soooomething. (did my first workouts in ages this week, returned to zumba after a 2 month lapse then was crazy sore from it, so went to a yoga class at Gtown 2 days later, which pretty much just moved the soreness from my butt/thighs to my shoulders/upper arms.... unnggghhh )

I'd also like to do the Love the Run 5k again this year - either of you up for it? And I know you're out for the St Paddy's 8k, Rach, but howaboutyou, Ambster? Any other races/stuff catch your eyes lately? I'd be up for trying out that free Crossfit class with you Rachel! Or the Sunday free Bikram in Bethesda some time!

3 comments:

  1. whaaat my link to the AOR volunteering sign up didn't post. humph.

    http://www.doitsports.com/volunteer2/jobs-by-date.tcl?event_id=212903&sort=location

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeeel Kara's turning 30 and possibly giving birth that weekend so I'd kinda like to keep that weekend open! Also my dad turns 60 on may 1 so I have to figure out when I can get up there for that, might be gone to Maine anyway.

    But I am totally up for getting together for some workouts! And actually getting to do love the run 5k with all 3 of us together would be fun! I can't go nuts with signing up for races, but I can do more than last year. I hope you guys can do the 8k, for some reason I feel better about breaking my streak if I know someone awesome is running it. :)

    I haven't run in weeks and weeks. I think the last time I ran was my three days in early December that I managed a mile a day. Zach and I have brunch plans tomorrow but I could prob run with you before that, maybe 9am?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okee, I can do 9 and I called up Aber and roped her in too! Think you can come out west, to liiiike Vienna? That seemed to be the most comfortable mid-way point between Arlington and Centreville. I'll be staying over at Ed's after his birthday celebration tonight so it'd work well for me. If it seems icy again tomorrow then reschedge for another time?

    ReplyDelete